New Building FAQs
1. What is being built and what new amenities are going to be included?
A: Pechanga will double the size of the resort by adding an additional 568 rooms and suites. Guests will be able to enjoy a new two-story standalone luxury spa, 70,000 sq. ft. of additional indoor/outdoor event space, a fourth floor green roof, a 4 ½ acre resort-style pool complex, and two new restaurants.
2. Why is Pechanga doing this?
A: The resort currently has an extremely high demand for more hotel rooms to satisfy the needs of guests coming to the Temecula Valley. As a Four Diamond property, Pechanga continually reinvests into the company to ensure guests receive the best resort experience they possibly can.
3. When will construction start? When will the project be finished?
A: Pechanga’s $285 million resort expansion broke ground in December 2015. The first phase of the expansion added a new 2,400 space parking garage and was completed in March 2017. The hotel, spa, event center, and one restaurant will be completed December 2017. The remainder of the project including the 4 ½ acre pool complex and one restaurant will be completed in March 2018.
4. How can I apply for a job at Pechanga?A: Now is a great time to apply to join our team with all of the amenities we are adding. You can check the Pechanga Careers area of our website for new positions posted.
5. How many jobs will this project create?
A: Pechanga is adding 750 permanent new positions to staff the new areas. The project is also utilizing 2,900 construction personnel.
6. What will be the economic impact to the community?
A: Pechanga anticipates the new hotel, spa, pool complex and other new areas will result in a $550 million economic impact to the entire region. This encompasses growth in tourism and the benefits other area businesses are expected to see as a result of the additions at Pechanga.
7. What will the impact of construction be?
A: It’s best to check back to Pechanga.com for construction-related updates.
8. Will parts of the casino be shut down during construction?
A: Effects to the existing property have been and will still be kept to a bare minimum. You can always check www.Pechanga.com or follow us on Facebook/Instagram for specific construction-related updates.
9. Will the pool be open to the public? Will admission be free?
A: Pool admission will be free to hotel guests. More information about whether the pool will be open to the public will be made available in the future.
10. Will the spa be open to the public?
A: The spa is being designed as a resort-style spa with sought-after treatments. More information about whether the spa will be open to the public will come out in the future.
11. What new restaurants will you have?
A: The first restaurant is called the Lobby Bar. An inviting eatery and bar serving breakfast, lunch and dinner featuring fresh American and fusion fare with Mexican and Asian inspirations. Chef Jose Mendoza brings unexpected flavors and locally grown ingredients together with many vegetarian dishes available, hand crafted cocktails using local fruits and herbs, and six craft beers on tap.
The second restaurant is the Pool Bar & Grill, which will open in March 2018 along with the pool complex. A full-service restaurant, the Pool Bar & Grill serves up warm-weather treats and perfect poolside bites. Mixologists will feature fresh craft cocktails and of course, pool favorites such as daiquiris and margaritas. This fresh fare can be eaten at the Grill or served to you poolside.
12. Is Pechanga making changes to the existing casino? Expanding the casino?
A: The $285 million Pechanga expansion solely e